Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Scoop on Rangsberg Blu-Ray Mc Queen

I had to launch this Blog on the day I verified a big story. The release of a Special Edition Dinoco Blu Ray Deco McQueen! Back on October 23rd I became aware of an auction for the Children Affected by Aids Foundation. I was interested in this incredible display case for the Cars Diecast Toys I've been collecting since June of last year.

I called the organization and spoke to Rolla Bedford, the program manager, about making a call in bid. She was happy to answer any questions I had, and e-mailed me pictures of the items and their descriptions on October 24th.

I read through the Cars information and came across a very interesting paragraph I've bolded below in blue!

It said, "Dream Halloween Disney/Pixar Cars Display Case: This one of a kind Cars display case holds 70 plus cars. Two smaller characters can fit in one space if need be. This case also includes a ONE OF KIND Dinoco Lightning McQueen vehicle that never was produced and is extremely rare! The case is designed to replicate the "Welcome to Radiator Springs" sign which borders the town as you enter it. This case features a one of a kind Aluminum Billet Cars logo that is 18" wide by 12" high. The case is also lit from above with 3 LED lights that illuminate the characters within the case. It can be wall mounted or stand alone as well. It is signed by Pixar founder/creator John Lasseter.

Blu Ray DVD Exclusive Mail In CAR: Disney/ Pixar ordered 15K to offer the consumers the option to mail in and receive this special Dinoco Blu Ray Deco McQueen. It is a double Rangsburg Blue Metallic.

Red Rangsburg McQueen: Only 50 were produced and distributed at the Offsite Brainstorm held at Palm Springs earlier this month. Never sold to the public.

The case will contain the second production pilot sample of “Not Chuck Rusteze Pitty”. The first sample was given to John Lasseter for review earlier this week. Not Chuck is scheduled to be released on shelf in December.

Lastly, the Security SUV, Richard Clayton Kensington, Piston Cup Tow Truck, Pit Crew Guido, and Pit Crew Ramone are not on shelf yet.

Minimum Bid - $3,000"

I immediately wanted to know if indeed, this Rangsberg Blue Mc Queen would be available if I purchased the Cars Blu-Ray Disk! I made a call to Mattel and got nowhere. I called Disneyland to try to track down a person in the know and got nowhere. I called Disney Corporate and got nowhere. I called the Disney DVD division and got nowhere. Finally, I called back and spoke to Ms. Bedford and asked her if she knew anything more than the description and she didn't. I called back Disney DVD the next day and pressured the same woman I spoke to the previous day to get me an answer. Finally, she came back to tell me it was going to be a Disney Movie Rewards promotion and would be inside the Cars Blu-Ray package! I wasn't satisfied with the answer and called the Disney Movie Rewards Customer Care number 866-246-8646. After speaking with a frontline lady, I asked for a supervisor. She listened to me and promised to get me an answer. She called me at the end of the business day and confirmed that yes, a promotion to get a diecast Dinoco Blu Ray Deco McQueen was going to be available on Disney Movie Rewards once the BlueRay disk was released on November 6th!

I waited patiently, and kept quiet so I wouldn't make a fool of myself, or give something away I shouldn't by telling people about this supposed promotion. Finally, at midnight on November 6, 2007, I bought the Cars Blu-Ray Disk at Walmart and rushed home to open it! Once home, I opened it, logged onto http://DisneyMovieRewards.com and saw a pic of that beautiful Rangsberg Blue Deco Mc Queen! I messed around with technical problems the site was having and finally ordered my coveted blue baby! From the auction description, it appears this is a Limited Edition of just 15,000! So, if you're reading this, get over to a store and get your Cars Blu-Ray DVD and order this special edtion diecast before he's gone! Ka-Chow!

http://carsdiecasttoys.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great work on this post! You did some solid research. I'll be looking forward to your future posts!

Anonymous said...

So how can they limit it to 15,000 cars if they push out 100,000 copies of this on blue ray and they still have the link live. Someone said they had 13,000 ordered days before xmas. That seems unlikely if the link is still active. I hope they make as many as are ordered before the 1/31/08 end date.

Anonymous said...

I had a long conversation with a supervisor at Disney Movie Rewards just over a week ago about this issue. I told her that people assumed the orders were in sequential order and I wanted to know if that was the case or not. She reluctantly confirmed that the orders were not sequential and that the numbers reflected many different items being shipped. She actually seemed amazed that people would assume such. I also pointed out how collectors want to know that a number (I.E. such as 15,000) is reliable and factual. She pointed out that the Cars would be available until the 15k were allotted, or until the end of the promotion on January 31, 2008. So, I can only tell you that Disney knows the importance of credibility and wouldn't do fradulant things.

Anonymous said...

I placed my order for the Blu Ray McQueen on 1/10/08, order #018593. I had the $3.50 charge pending for a few days, then it disappeared. I can only assume they ran out of them before my order went through. Bummer, I've read about some collectors ordering and receiving 8 of them.