Friday, February 22, 2008

Free Forum to Discuss Blu-Ray Offer Debaucle

If you as a reader aren't aware, at the bottom of each article you'll see the word "COMMENTS," simply click on it and you can post a comment like any Discussion Board.

  • First, I encourage all who were posting at Carstoys "locked" post to continue to discuss the issue of Disney's Blu-ray fulfillment failure. Feel free to vent so we can continue to come to a unified resolution.
  • Second, DON'T even think about posting negative garbage if you don't identify yourself. All posts are moderated and are read before being allowed to be posted. If you don't have the guts to put your name to your NEGATIVE post, it won't be published! Debate is NOT wanted on this issue. Only constructive, positive, input is wanted. We don't need to get bogged down in garbage.
  • Finally, READ before you comment. Today I got a negative post without a name commenting about my wanting to, "sue Disney over a toy while people are starving in Africa, and the best I can do is get all worked up over not getting my fancy toy." READ! No where have I stated I want to sue Disney over this issue. I won't waste time or energy responding to this kind of post because idiots can't READ, contribute by staying on topic, and making factual statements.
Let's continue on! Any time you aren't treated with respect and given what you paid for, by taking pro-active, positive action to show you won't put up with such disrespect is never a waste of your time! Just the opposite is true...Apathy and Acceptance simply shows you are willing to be Abused and disrespected!

http://carsdiecasttoys.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I originally bought a blu ray disc in November, and recieved my car in December, pretty quickly. Then, I purchased 2 more BR discs in early January, and ordered two more. I recieved confirmation emails on both. I called Disney a few weeks later to check on the status, and the RUDE customer "service" person told me that it is clearly stated that it takes 6-8 weeks to recieve the car, and if I got an email, then I would get the car, but I had to wait like everyone else!

Well, I recieved my lovely "offer" from Disney yesterday. Needless to say, I am furious. I realize they won't make maor BRMQ's, but there should be some kind of limited edition Cars related merchandise given in it's place. I would even take an exclusive poster, or anything along those lines. Snow Dogs? C'mon!!!!!

L8NiteRowWL aka Betsy said...

We too are disappointed and angry. We bought one blu ray dvd just to have the opportunity to buy the car for our son. We also had a confirmed order only to receive Disney Rewards's sad offer of compensation. I completely understand when there are limited quantities of a product and if they run out beforehand that is just bad luck. However this isn't the same. It was their error for sending multiples to those that didn't order everything they received. They should be responsible for correcting it or offering an adequate substitute related to the product ordered.

David said...

The anger I feel is over the principle of the thing. Disney Rewards Web Site accepted my code and sent me a confirmation receipt. I felt I went through the proper channels, and I know there is NOTHING I can do but watch the Carsthetoys.com board members feel no compassion for the extras they did not order....one of which I feel is mine.

I could not believe Calsonics kick in the teeth either. I have asked him point blank, as I did Kachow, that since they have extras....would they please at least sell me one. But, of course, you know how that one goes. We are stifled from even discussing it now, so I do not know what further action can be taken.

Like so many others, I bought the BLU RAY DVD as a right of passage to get the car. I thought I had read the posts early enough and as I said, the Rewards site accepted my transaction.

I wish they would buy them back from E-bay. All I am left with is wondering....who on e-bay is selling MY intended car for the extravagant mark up. Since it is a toy, all this seems silly to people who do not understand; and to take action seems, to others, childish. So, here I am, out of luck. Having only Calsonics taunting ringing in my ear.

What's worse is...the people on the site are not responding to my request to at least sell me what they did not order for the cost of the car.....Heck, they are not selling to me at all, for any price.

My intention was to keep this little piece of art for my own enjoyment, not try to sell it for a quick buck. I cannot claim it is for my child, so again........it is falling on deaf ears.

I have called Disney, but as of yet.....no compensation for my trouble...unless I want Bridge to Terabithia....Woo woo

This comes on the heels of an internet fraud involving an order from England in which I was taken for $135.00. I am just to uneducated in these matters to know what to do.

Thanks for writing me. I really did enjoy the article.