Thursday, July 31, 2008

Disney Pixar Cars Peterbilt Truck

Mattel unveiled the soon to be released New Cars Trucks at Comic-Con! The first I want to discuss is the Peterbilt Truck that was voiced by the late Joe Ranft. There is a cool story about this truck that I just recently found out about. The Peterbilt was the truck that Lightning chased down Route 66 in the dark thinking he was Mack.

If you recall, you'll remember that the Peterbilt was hauling car batteries. The battery pictures on the trailer were actually done by John Lasseter's boys! I think this is such a cool fact. I didn't suspect anything like this. Matter of fact, I thought the style they were done in was similar to the cartooning we saw at the start of Monsters. This toy will certainly mean a lot to John due to Joe and his kids.

Although the Peterbilt was briefly in the film, he stuck with me because of his look and his annoyed demeanor when Lightning thought he was Mack. I believe his line was, "Mack! I ain't no Mack! I'm a Peterbilt!" Then he drove off and left Lightning there in the dark.

This is just one of the many Cars Trucks that will be released in the future! They will be die-cast and are going to retail for $13.00! More to come about the Cars Trucks.

http://CarsDieCastToys.Blogspot.com

No comments: