Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"Chasing" My Tail - The Search for Lightning McQueen with Bumper Stickers

I spent a few days going into Wal-Mart and Toys r Us to look for Chase McQueen only to find what I expected, nothing. I can't confidently say I'll ever find one on the pegs of the stores. With only one Lightning McQueen with Bumper Stickers per case, it will be very difficult to find one.

I went into the Wal-Mart near Sea World, I went into the Wal-Mart near Universal Studios, I went into the Wal-Mart on the west side of Orlando, I went into the Wal-Mart in the south west of Orlando, I went into the Toys R Us on the west side of Orlando, and I went into the Toys R Us in downtown Orlando. All I found was very little of the oldest of releases. How much gas and time did I spend chasing the "Chase?" Eh, too much!! For now, I'm done!

I bought one on Ebay against my better judgement. There were quite a few listed and typically ranged in price between $14 to $20 plus shipping. I am a typical man when it comes to shopping...I like to go to the store, find what I want and buy it. When it becomes a chore, I become quite annoyed. Finding the Cars has been the crappiest part of collecting this incredible line of die-cast toys! I've told folks at Mattel that even finding the "Mainline" Cars has been a long-term problem that needs to be dealt with through better supply.

http://www.CarsDieCastToys.Blogspot.com

No comments: