Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Disney Pixar Cars - The Not Gonna Do It Gask-its Toys R Us Promo

We've been on many a goose chase. The infamous Walmart Pallet Drop in October, then November, then December! Now, people have been looking for a Gask-its promotion at Toys R Us that hasn't materialized. Why? Well, sit back and I'll tell you...

Sidewall Shine was a winner, but TRU reportedly has 9000
N2O Cola Cars parked in their warehouse waiting for a home!



I heard "Unofficially" from my undercover janitors deep inside the offices of Mattel, that Toys R Us still has 9000 N2O Colas left from the most recent 5 for 1 promotion! Additionally, I heard that fulfillment was a mess. Remember how many of you received Hot Wheels cars by mistake? Thus, the promotion was a bust! A disappointment! A fail-you-r to say the least!! With this in mind, any idea of doing another promotion with Gask-its is off the table.

So, I wouldn't expect to see any new 5 for 1 promotions for a while. I know a number of people were not happy to see that Mattel would be releasing an N2O Launcher. Can't say I disagree, but I can say that these promo cars were never marketed as "Exclusive" in any way.

You can count on me to bring you any news as it breaks.

I hope to bring you something great this week! Waiting on China to see if I can. Don't miss it! Subscribe to Alternator Valley!

http://CarsDieCastToys.Blogspot.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like Matty has something else they can sell on the site now. I ended up with one N2O Cola, but would buy another if they were priced low enough.

Anonymous said...

So they did manage to sell out of all their previous Sidewall Shines?

I find that hard to believe, that they have an overstock of N2O's, but were able to clear out all their Sidewalls.

Besides, why don't they just rip em' out of those cases and put them in the launchers that are coming?

orlandog ken said...

I've been told they were left with approximately 2000 Sidewall Shines. Therefore, there were approximately 7000 N2O's. Realize that these were purchased by TRU and belong to them. Thus, they wouldn't be repacked in Mattel's Launchers. I've heard what may be done, but can't disclose that at this time.