Thursday, July 24, 2008

Comic-Con Day One on Day Two

A Short entry to report my lack of a report yesterday. I hadn't slept in 24 hours, my plane was delayed from Orlando to L.A. by 2 hours. That delay in turn made miss my connecting flight to San Diego. The second chance to catch a connecting flight was missed by 1 minute. Finally, I caught a flight and my 6-1/2 hour journey to San Diego turned out to be a 10 hour journey! I had just enough time to check in to my hotel, get a super delicious In and Out burger and get to the Comic-con around 3:10pm. I was stunned at how many people were there and the event didn't open until 6pm! It took an hour and a half to get my Press Credentials, the useless "Elite" staff hired to direct and manage the crowd was useless and didn't know anything. The crowd didn't know anything.

Finally, I got aggressive and called my PR contact for Mattel so I didn't have to stand in a line with thousands of other people. Yippee! That was the first thing to go well for the day! I ended up being fifth in line to buy "Lightning Storm McQueen!" Since, I can't figure out how to put a caption under the picture, it depicts, "The calm before the Lightning Storm!" I got 20 cases and, just messing with you, I got a number of cases and got that important mission over with! While making my purchase, I met my counterpart who writes and publishes Take5aDay! He will remain anonymous because that's how he chooses to publish, and we became fast friends.

The lines and crowd were insane as to be expected and I was utterly exhausted by the end of the night. Oh, I was also one of those people you laugh at because they fall. On the way back to my car, I was in a crowd (go figure), waiting for the light to change and stepped into a small hole and took a nice spill on the sidewalk. I jumped up and acted ok, but was banged up pretty good. What a day! Went back to the hotel and couldn't do a thing but take out my contacts and go to sleep. So, that was Day One on Day Two!

http://CarsDieCastToys.Blogspot.com

No comments: