Thursday, July 24, 2008

Comic-Con El Dia Dos!

San Diego is warm, inviting and all abuzz with Comic-Con! The morning news had extensive coverage today. The local coverage spoke a lot about fearing the convention would be moved to L.A. or Vegas due to it getting so big. I believe I heard the head man of Comic-Con say they had a contract through 2010 to stay in San Diego. I've also heard talk about a move in the crowds. Time will tell.

I can tell you that most of the people working on the event, don't know what's going on and how to direct you. The organization has been average at best. The food vendors are pathetic for such a large and well-known convention. All I've seen is pretzels, cookies and crappy overpriced sandwiches for $8.00! I'm dumbfounded by a lack of more and high quality food! It is the worst part of what I've encountered.

Ok, let's get on with some cool stuff! Today I spent the morning at the Mattel booth. I interviewed Martin Arriola, Senior Manager of Product Design, who heads up Mattel's design team for Disney/Pixar's Cars die cast toy line! I'm going to write an entry all about Martin and his great insight later. I also spoke to Ryan Mansour who is the Brand Manager of the Cars line. I talked about things, you the fan, are hungry for...A great Display Case, Miniature Scenery to complement your play sets, and setting limits on their new MattyCollector.com site which debuts on Monday, July 28, 2008! I'll discuss more about MattyCollector.com later as well!

I'll tell you what is exciting about the future of the Cars line for us as collectors...John Lasseter! Martin told me that John has been developing this line like the fan of great toys he is! John wants to create EACH AND EVERY character in scale and quality! This way we as collectors can recreate Radiator Springs to Pit Row in die cast toys and play sets! That's been my hope as a collector! I've been envisioning the day I will setup the entire town and the race track as my first venture into a "Railroad" set type display! Something I've been inspired by Walt Disney's passion of Trains and model Railroads to do!

There's a lot to come, and I guarantee, that you'll be beyond excited!

http://CarsDieCastToys.Blogspot.com

No comments: